Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carnivale of Beauty Event!!!!!!


Hey everyone~!!! Sorry for the lack of personal updates. I wasn't really able to go out much. Plus I had to get those reviews out of the way :) Again I would like to thank all my new followers!!!

So a friend of mines Melissa accompanied me to PrettyCity.com 's:

Carnivale of Beauty Event
held at LIVE! On Sunset in Hollywood.



Tickets were to be purchased beforehand online.

Upon arrival we were greeted by some friendly staff members who check us off the guest list
and handed us our SWAG bag!!

Tickets where then handed out to whichever activity you wanted to go to first.
The complimentary services were:

  • Dr. Jane San Juan- Facial Wanding
  • Plush Beauty Bar- Eyebrow Waxing and Polish Changes
  • Jane Iredale- Make Up Application
  • W3LL People- Make Up Application
  • Evolue Beauty - Make Up Application
  • A' La Mode Studio- Dry Styling
  • Xsura- ?? 
  • Kevin Moshier- Dry Styling and Blow outs



Haha the kind lady in the front suggested maybe I could first do Hair Stying since all the other services had a pretty long wait..sorry lady.. this is "Prisila" ... no one touches this LOL

Instead Melissa took on that service so I waited with her.

Lovely Melissa


Hair Styling Service

Shes getting all the attention!!!



Store Set Up

The shop was very spacious! Lots of cute clothes on display, jewelry, books, they even had baby clothes!!! There was some cute underwear that caught my eye~ Maybe next time.

Finished~ Work dat up do!

Afterwards we headed over to the Eyebrow waxing station hoping to get a clean up! This was also where the Mini Mani service was being held...which made it a bit chaotic because people were unsure who was in line for what.

Me getting my eyebrows cleaned up!
 Had to revive my Prisila wigs for the occasion.. it was a task but with plenty of curling, combing, brushing, and leave in conditioner it ended up looking decent? Although I did get a lot of compliments and was asked did I do it myself.
LOL.

Here was of course.. OUR favorite part!
The food~
Exactly how to win my heart. Food, Make up, Prisila~

First we found the magical table of candy!!! They had clear plastic bags that you can fill up with the treats they had displayed. Also cute little baggies of cotton candy!!!



Right next to the table was Desserts courtesy of Chubster Bakery
Their table was basically a cookie and brownie paradise. Everyone here was so friendly. They let us try one of everything. Their S'mores bar was a HIT! Staff with trays walked around handing them out throughout the night. 




Appetizers from Zelda's Corner Deli


They provided some of their  Turkey, Ham and Swiss and Tomato Mozzarella sandwiches. 5 stars for the Ham sandwich!! It was delicious...I cant even stress enough how much I loved it..shamefully I went back for seconds haha... the woman said it was made by some polish man.. sounds legit.
She handed us $10 gift certificates to use if we ever go to the shop in Venice. Um, YES!!!! I will definitely be visiting~

Nice bar area were we sat for awhile before heading out. 

Now i'm pretty sure you want to know what was in the SWAG Bag~


This was a small sample size gift bag from Jane Iredale.
It came with a Just Kissed Lip Plumper
Lip Drink
Thickening and Lengthening Mascara
and PureLash Extender and Conditioner. 

...I kid you not. The Lip Plumper smells just like a cinnamon roll...and the Lip Drink smells like Pink Lemonade. The smell alone is amazing!



A sample size kit of Lumixyl Topical Brightening System. It contains a Cleaner, Cream, Ex foliating Land Sunscreen. Such cute packaging! Its suppose to help with dark spots and blemishes. I will definitely be needing this.




A nice full amount of Lumene Age Defying Cream. I have yet to open this one up. Although I really like the packaging and the amount they give.


 A nice full size of Xsura Day Time Cream, Restore Complexion. Im praying this will also help repair my recent break out!


EVERYDAY MINERALS!!!  Its everywhere you guys!!! If you haven't already checked out my giveaway PLEASE DO SO! This is their full size of Short Cake! This one is very shimmery and  pigmented. Its darker than the other two I recently reviewed.


GIVEAWAY LINK HERE
Ends 3/31 so hurry and get your entries in!



W3LL People, A mineral brand. This is a full size of their Elitist 83. Which is basically a golden bronze. It is very pretty  in real life as well. Although the photo is basically true to color. (I hope haha). Melissa received the same one and we both love it!!!


So overall it was a very nice put together event! I enjoyed myself and look forward to more of Pretty City's events in the LA area! I can't wait to try out all the skin care products. I'll have to get back to you guys on those. Thank you Melissa for joining me.. and the Tazo Tea <3

Till next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment